Studies can be placed on the toolbar so you can add the study to the chart by one click, or you can call up a study from a list by right-clicking on the chart. CQG retains a list of your most recently-used studies so you don’t have to look through a long list each time you want to add a study to a chart.
After the study is plotted on the chart, a right-click on the study brings up a menu with the following choices:
- Add a study on the study
- Remove the study from the chart
- Modify the parameters of the study
- Set the color for the study
- Select a condition for marking the study
- Add a study alert
- Hide update levels
- Information about the study (go to a help file on the study)
The help files provide an explanation of the study, how traders use the study, and default parameters. Studies can be modified and the changes saved, but later, the default parameters can be reinstated.
CQG offers the ability to develop custom studies through the Formula Editor, and the study can then be added to the study list and toolbar for quick access.
CQG provides the trader with an easy-to-use interface and a no-compromise approach to technical analysis.
- Moving Average
- Moving Average Convergence/Divergence
- Moving Average Cross
- Moving Linear Regression
- Moving Linear Regression R-Squared
- On-Balance Volume
- Open Interest
- Order Display
- Oscillator Cross
- Oscillator 1 - Oscillator 2
- Oscillator - MA of Oscillator
- Rate of Change
- Relative Strength Index
- Tick Volume
- Triple Exponential
- Volatility Stop
- Volatility System
- Volume and Open Interest
- Volume Profile
- Volume-Weighted Average Price (VWAP)