Available in the CQG Integrated Client, Time-Based TFlow Charts use features similar to CQG’s TFlow bars except the bars are based on time. The bars detail the percentage of trades at the bid versus the ask price, and the color brightness and width of the bar are based on the level of volume relative to recent volume history.
Smoothed TFlow bars reduce the velocity of the inside market information by aggregating the inside market data based on the number of TFlow bars or the TFlow bar tick range, or by applying CQG’s proprietary smoothing algorithm.
CQG offers aggregated TFlow bars which provide the same information as one-tick TFlow bars. Using a high-low range of three ticks, the individual bars are compressed into one bar.
Bright, wide, aggregated TFlow bars indicate heavy trading volume. Thin, dark, aggregated TFlow bars means that trading volume is low. CQG allows you to:
- Choose from one to 20 ticks (high-low range) for the TFlow bar
- Use the same color-coding as TFlow bars:
- Green indicates traded volume at the ask price
- Red indicates traded volume at the bid price
- Compress the individual TFlow bars into a single bar based on range
- Show whether buyers or sellers are dominating the market
- Apply TFlow studies to the aggregated TFlow bars
SnapTrader® and the Order Book
It's now possible to add the SnapTrader and the Order Book to TFlow charts for seamless analytics and trading.
Color-Coding Makes It Clear
The TFlow bar provides a clear indication of market movement by color-coding the current bar's traded volume, ranked on a relative percentage basis. The TFlow bar's width is based on executed traded volume. Wide, brightly-colored bars indicate heavy volume, and thin, dark bars indicate quiet activity. TFlow illustrates action at the bid versus at the ask price:
- Green indicates the volume of contracts traded at the ask price
- Red indicates the volume of contracts traded at the bid price
It's All About the Price
With the CQG TFlow chart, traders can instantly see prices change due to supply and demand, and they can analyze price independently of time.
CQG's TFlow package includes two powerful studies:
- TFlow Volume (TFVOL®) separates the traded volume based on buyers vs. sellers
- TFlow On-Balance Volume (TFOBVO®) is the running sum of trades at the ask minus trades at the bid
- Set TFlow bar colors based on percentile ranking or actual volume
- TFlow Volume study displays the buying and selling volumes as histogram bars
- TFlow buying and selling volumes can be used in custom studies
- Cursor value window shows both trades at the ask and the bid price totals
- Additional studies can be shown in a pane attached to the TFlow chart
Find Out More
Introduction to CQG TFlow
TFlow Bars & Trading Ranges on CQG
TFlow in an Up Trend on CQG
TFlow Custom Studies - Component Pac (zip file)
CQG's TFlow Charts: A revolutionary way to see & trade the market, Technical Analyst
CQG Readies TFlow Volume Analysis, Inside Market Data