CQG on Campus
CME Group Trading Challenge
CQG is a proud sponsor of the CME Group Trading Challenge. Students use CQG Integrated Client (CQG IC) in the electronic trading team competition to access live data, superior charting tools, professional trading functionality, news feeds provided by Dow Jones, market analysis from The Hightower Report, and extra market analysis by Jim Wykoff.
In addition to the flagship platform, CQG provides students with access to CQG Desktop, a cloud-based trading and data visualization application, and a trading-challenge-focused version of CQG Mobile for iOS.
To learn more about the CME Group Trading Challenge, visit the CME Group web page.
CQG offers the following resources for the trading teams to prepare for the competition.
|CQG Integrated Client||Download ||Online Help |
|CQG Mobile for iPhone||Download ||Online Help |
|CQG Desktop||Access CQG Desktop from your browser ||Online Help |
- Training for CME Group Challenge 2018
- Training for CME Group Challenge 2018 - News and Market Analysis
- Toolbar Overview (6:37)
- Creating and Managing Pages (7:35)
- Application Windows (5:29)
- Linking Windows (2:23)
- Alert Trading Overview (9:16)
- Basic Quote Displays (6:13)
- Quote SpreadSheet (6:54)
- CQG Charts: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 (17:23)
- Basic Studies (6:13)
- Pointer Tools (5:17)
- TFlow® Charting: Part 1 and Part 2 (9:37)
Technical Analysis 101:
- Part 3 - Mean Reversion Indicators: Relative Strength Index, Moving Average Convergence/Divergence, Slow Stochastics, Fast Stochastics, Bollinger Bands with Bollinger Difference, and Directional Movement Index with Average Directional Movement Index.
The tutorial pages are live, read-only pages within your CQG IC that can be saved to your active page list to help you create your own modifiable pages. To access:
- Start CQG.
- Click the Page button.
- Select Tutorial.
- Highlight the section best suited for your needs.
- Click the desired page.
A file decompressor, such as WinZip® , is required to open the demo.
More Information on Moving from Demo to Simulator:
With a trading interface open and active (either the Order Ticket or the DOMTrader®), click the Setup button and click Trading Preferences. On the left side, click Risk. Under Risk management for all symbols, there are fields for Maximum order size and Maximum position size. Both are set to a default of 0 or 1. If you attempt to place an order of more than one lot, it will display a warning. This protects you from accidentally changing the order size. The suggested sizes are 25 for the Maximum order size and 50 for the Maximum position size. Your actual position limits are controlled by the equity in your account and the CME Group margin requirements. The image below highlights the areas which need to be updated to prevent the warnings.